Carissa Mann Parlato for Town Clerk
From my perspective, there is more to the job of Town Clerk than its administrative tasks. I view it as an exciting opportunity to continue serving the Town of Ulysses in a new capacity. I have served the community for nearly a decade, primarily as a Program Manager for Trumansburg/Ulysses Youth Services, and as the unofficial “face of the town” by writing a weekly Ulysses newspaper column. I understand that the Town Clerk works for the good of the Town, on the taxpayers’ dollar, and must be responsive to both the Town Board’s and residents’ needs.
I hope I can count on your vote! ~Carissa
From Horseheads, NY, Carissa has lived all over the beautiful U.S.A. but chose Trumansburg as her home in 2004. Mom to a sweet second grader, Phoebe, and wife to Todd, Carissa has shown her commitment to the community by:
- Working with youth and families from all backgrounds and corners of Ulysses
- Collaborating with area businesses, community leaders, and the school district on youth programming
- Writing a weekly newspaper column, Ulysses Town Talk, about town happenings
- Volunteering with the Ulysses Christmas Bureau
In her spare time she enjoys playing cards, making jewelry, eating homegrown food, and hiking with her family.
The job of the Town Clerk has evolved…
In this time of shrinking budgets, it is essential that town government be able to work together effectively and use resources efficiently.
Carissa can help achieve these goals by:
- Being a strong team player. Her career has consisted of working together with diverse personalities, in sometimes challenging situations.
- Seeking out and writing grants to secure new avenues of funding for town projects.
- Exhibiting strong customer skills to help residents with licensing, permits, taxes, etc.
- Reaching out to other town clerks to help identify new software upgrades for the office.
- Accommodating residents’ needs with lunch time and Saturday office hours.
- Utilizing the latest technology (for the town website, to create a list-serve, write the town newsletter, and enable online payments) to make town business and services more accessible to residents.
- grant writing
- written communications
- report writing
- working with databases
- program evaluation
- small business management
Join these people in voting for Carissa on NOV. 5:
- Liz Thomas, Ulysses Town Supervisor
- David Kerness, Ulysses Town Board
- Kevin Romer, Ulysses Town Board
- Lucia Tyler, Ulysses Town Board
- Nancy Zahler, Ulysses Town Board
- Don Ellis, Ulysses Town Board (former)
- Sue Poelvoorde, Ulysses Town Deputy Supervisor (former)
- Mary Bouchard, Ulysses Town Bookkeeper, Village Board (former)
- Ken Zeserson, Ulysses Planning Board
- Jim Dennis, Tompkins County Legislator
- Jen Wofford, Village of Trumansburg Planning Board
- Marty Petrovic, Mayor, Village of Trumansburg
- Rob Cassetti, Village Board
Help Elect Carissa for Town Clerk!
Get involved by:
-writing a letter the editor
-posting a yard sign
-passing this info along to your friends and neighbors
-donating to the campaign
-hosting an event